At the Classical Academies safety and security are at the forefront of our operations and strategic discussions. In a continuous effort to spread awareness, prevent tragedy and inform our learning community, we are constantly training, evaluating, and updating our procedures.
The following are some of the most important safety and security elements at the Classical Academies:
- Up-to-date site-specific emergency plans, available to all staff members that contain comprehensive procedures for all school crises.
- Emergency response training for all staff members. This includes reviewing and detailing our emergency plan contents.
- Comprehensive communication procedures to ensure that parents are aware of a campus emergency and how they will be reunified with their children.
- Regular emergency drills so responses become second nature.
- Providing regular safety articles that keep safety and security topics fresh in our team’s minds and at the forefront of our day-to-day procedures.
- Focusing our efforts on awareness, prevention and preparation for all aspects of safety including bullying, self harm, social media, natural disasters and outside threats.
- Open communication with local law enforcement.
- Reducing risk by maintaining a physically and psychologically secure setting for students.
What can parents do to help our efforts?
- Convey to your students the importance of situational awareness, knowing his or her surroundings and staying in groups.
- Remind kids of social media dangers, signs of troubled peers and to report any suspicious behavior to an adult immediately.
- Ask your child about their day and look for any signs of bullying, abuse or depression.
- Participate in the Emergency Preparedness Bag Program (Ask your site leader for more details):
For detailed questions you may contact your site leader or Jared Baez, Director of Safety and Security, at JBaez@classicalacademy.com.