As articulated in the school charter documents
The Classical Academy is dedicated to developing self‑motivated, life‑long learners through this six fold vision:
- To pursue academic excellence with an emphasis on mastery of the “basics” through clearly delineated high content standards in all core subjects employing the systematic teaching and review of rules as well as applications of math, phonics, grammar, and spelling.
- To encourage individualized learning through smaller workshop size, understanding of learning styles, the teaching of specific study strategies, and the understanding of each child’s uniqueness.
- To maximize the effectiveness and enjoyment of learning through multi‑sensory, interactive methods of instruction inclusive of critical thinking skills, use of innovative teaching methods and materials based on latest proven developmental research, and integrated teaching across the curriculum.
- To provide a content‑rich classical education that inspires excellence by holding forth examples of literature, music, and art, which have stood the test of time and been widely recognized as the very best.
- To give high priority to an enriched curriculum inclusive of computer technology, science technology, art, music, drama, Spanish, and PE.
- To foster the development of the whole child through strong parental involvement with an emphasis on positive character development and service‑learning in the community at large.