TK – 8 Vision Statement
The Classical Academies are dedicated to developing self-motivated, competent, life-long learners through this six-fold vision:
- To pursue academic excellence with an emphasis on mastery of the “basics” through clearly defined high content standards in all core subjects. We will employ systematic teaching and review of rules, as well as applications of math, phonics, grammar, and spelling.
- To encourage individualized learning through smaller workshop size, understanding of learning styles, the teaching of specific study strategies, and the understanding of each child’s uniqueness.
- To maximize the effectiveness and enjoyment of learning through multi-sensory, interactive methods of instruction inclusive of critical thinking skills, use of innovative teaching methods and materials based on proven and successful developmental research, and integrated teaching across the curriculum.
- To provide elements of a content-rich classical education that inspires excellence by employing examples of literature, music, and art, which have stood the test of time and been widely recognized as the very best.
- To give high priority to an enriched curriculum inclusive of computer science technology, art, music, drama, and online options for language arts, foreign language, and mathematics.
- To foster the development of the whole child through strong parental involvement with an emphasis on positive character development.