The online program allows for students, parents, and teachers to access a student’s progress in real time through online progress reports. The online administration alerts students who are behind every three weeks with Big Deadline Dates.
At these three-week deadlines, zeros can be assigned for work not completed. However, we encourage families to meet with their Academic Coach or the Principal as soon as they are struggling so an individualized learning plan can be developed.
Each student is assigned an Academic Coach upon enrolling in CAO. The Academic Coach is a resource for helping students stay on track and can arrange appointments with subject-area teachers. Coaches also assist by collecting work samples.
Learning Period (Monthly) Cohort Conferences
Students enrolled in CAO will be assigned a cohort teacher in addition to their Academic Coach. The cohort teacher will meet with each of their students and parents monthly to collect samples and discuss progress. Conferences will be held on the 2nd Thursday and Friday of each Learning Period. The Cyber Café will be open for students to use computers and Internet, but there will be no access to tutoring as teachers will be conferencing with parents. These conferences are between 15 and 20 minutes in length.
2016-2017 High School Learning Period Conference Dates:
- Conference #1- Sept 22-23, 2016
- Conference #2 – Oct 20-21, 2016
- Conference #3 – Nov 17-18, 2016
- Conference #4 – Jan 5-6, 2017
- Conference #5 – Feb 9-10, 2017
- Conference #6 June 12-13, 2017
- Conference #7 – Apr 27-28, 2017
- Conference #8 – May 25-26, 2017
2016-2017 Middle School Unit Conference Dates:
- Conference #1 – Oct 11-12, 2016
- Conference #2 – Nov 29-30, 2016
- Conference #3 – Jan 31 – Feb 1, 2017
- Conference #4 – Mar 14-15, 2017
- Conference #5 – May 2-3, 2017
- Conference #6 -June 8-9, 2017