The Classical Academy is dedicated to developing self‑motivated, life‑long learners through this six fold vision:
To pursue academic excellence with an emphasis on mastery of the “basics” and development of critical skills through clearly articulated standards in all subjects.
- To pursue academic excellence with an emphasis on mastery of the “basics” and development of critical skills through clearly articulated standards in all subjects.
- To encourage individualized learning through smaller workshop size, understanding of learning styles, the teaching of specific study strategies, and the understanding of each child’s uniqueness.
- To maximize the effectiveness and enjoyment of learning through multi‑sensory, interactive methods of instruction inclusive of critical thinking skills, use of effective innovative teaching strategies, and integrated teaching across the curriculum.
- To provide a content‑rich education that inspires excellence by holding forth examples of classic works of literature, music, and art, which have stood the test of time and been widely recognized as the very best.
- To give high priority to an enriched curriculum inclusive of computer technology, science technology, art, music, drama, Spanish, and PE.
- To foster the development of the whole child through strong parental involvement with an emphasis on positive character development and service‑learning in the community at large.
One of our core values is that “rigor and relevance is personalized, acknowledging that all learn differently.” For this reason, personalized learning is part of the educational environment, curriculum design, and is infused within the content delivery.
Personalized Learning is the tailoring of instruction, curriculum, and learning environments to meet the needs and aspirations of individual learners. Teachers, working with parents, create learning plans for students that can include technology, classrooms, labs, electives, and independent study options to complete their assigned academic program.