As the month of July comes to a close, we have been busy making decisions to support our community. Under With the current Executive Order and health mandates in place, we will begin the school year with Distance Learning until October 2, 2020, after which point we will reassess. We will monitor state and county guidelines to determine when we can shift from Distance Learning to a blended model, and eventually a return to regular programming.
Here is a brief overview of the elements it contains to support our students:
For students enrolled in Tracks A, B, M, Summit, C’lectives, and High School
- School days will be a blend of synchronous “real time” classes and work assigned through Schoology/Summit platform
- Each week targeted support will be offered
- Each week intentional time will be devoted to building community and making student connections
For students enrolled in Track C and Independent Study
- Schoology lessons will be provided with step-by-step lesson plans
- Educational Specialists are available to support
- Parent support groups will be created to connect families who wish to participate
Clubs & Activities
- Students in grades 7-12 will continue with pre-established clubs and ASB via Distance Learning. Campus specific updates will be given in the first few weeks of school.
- August 13, 2020 is the Annual Jumpstart Parent Education Conference! It is designed to inspire, connect, and motivate parents as they kick off the school year! The conference features a keynote address and educational breakout sessions.
- Parent Orientations and Coffee Chats are another way to learn about each campus. Look for more information once school begins.
- Parent support groups are being created for new Track C families. Your Educational Specialist will share more about this support group in August.
- IEP Services will be synchronous “real time” sessions, if/when needed services may be provided as pre-recorded lessons.
- IEP Meetings will be held via Google Meet
- Case managers will reach out to families before the school year begins to discuss students service schedule
- August 3, 2020 – First Academies News- you will receive an organization-wide email update each Monday
- August 10, 2020 – First day teachers return to work
- August 10, 2020 – Academies News will contain campus specific updates, including:
- Bell Schedule (Times and Days of the week) for synchronous “real time” lessons
- Chromebook Request forms
- August 12, 2020- Teachers to send K-8 introductory email to all families
- August 13, 2020 – Jumpstart Parent Education Conference
- August 20, 2020 – First day of school!
We look forward to serving your family in the 2020-2021 school year!