HOW TO START A SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The North County Education Foundation has the ability for individuals and families to set up a scholarship fund.
People may choose to set up scholarship funds for a variety of reasons, such as supporting educational advancement and college attainment, honoring or memorializing a loved one, establishing a family legacy, or supporting an educational institution.
Before creating a scholarship fund, there are six simple steps to consider:
- Identify who you want to support – For example, graduating seniors interested in STEM, the arts, or political science.
- Decide how much you would like to give and what you would like to give – Almost any kind of asset may be used to start a scholarship fund, including cash, publicly traded securities, cryptocurrency, stock, real estate, life insurance, personal property, and private foundation assets.
- Define your scholarship timeline – Your scholarship can be a one-time gift or an annual fund that you award once every year. Another option is to create a scholarship endowment fund, which is permanent.
- Choose your eligibility requirements – What eligibility requirements and criteria reflect your passions and priorities?
- Name your scholarship fund
- Create a selection process
To learn more, please contact our Development Team at development@