The Classical Academies are public charter schools that have an independent Governing Board. The Board works with, and oversees, the Executive Director who manages the day-to-day operations of the charter school programs. The role of the Board is to oversee independent policy making, provide leadership in reviewing and creating policy and procedures, oversee academic and financial programs, and provide leadership and feedback to the Executive Director.
Two non-profit corporations, The Classical Academy, Inc. and Coastal Academy Charter School, Inc., manage the operations of the schools.
The Classical Academy, Inc. operates:
- The Classical Academy (K-8)
- Classical Academy Middle School
- Classical Academy High School
- Classical Academy, Vista
- Classical Academy Online (9-12)
Coastal Academy Charter School Inc. operates:
- Coastal Academy
- Coastal Academy High
Our Board members for both non-profits include:
- Mark Reardon – President – Mark Reardon is founder, president, and CEO of Centrepointe Leadership. His two children attended Coastal Academy and Classical Academy High School.
- Patty Huerta – Treasurer – Patricia Huerta is the Executive Director of Escondido Education COMPACT. COMPACT is a non-profit organization that is committed to developing and implementing community-wide programs to support education, youth leadership, and violence prevention and workforce development for youth.
- Paul Donovan, Jr. – Member at Large – Paul Donovan grew up in Escondido and is a Sales Manager at a national mortgage company. He has three children at Classical Academy and enjoys serving on the board.
- Mark Donar – Secretary – Mark Donar is a U. S. Marine Corps Veteran and Defense Logistics Analyst who is a father of three students at Coastal Academy.
- Angie Mosteller – Member at Large – Angie Mosteller is an instructor at California Baptist University. She has two children at the Classical Academies and has been active in the homeschool community for over 10 years.
Board meetings are held at locations detailed on the meeting agendas and move between Escondido, Oceanside, and our Vista locations.
Contact the Board by email at Board@ClassicalAcademy.com or call (760) 546-0101 to speak with Chief Executive Officer, Cameron Curry
Approved Board Calendar:
- Board Workshop – Thursday, November 3 2016 12:30pm
- Board Workshop – Monday, August 26th 2019 @ 3:30pm
Meeting Minutes & Agendas:
- Board Meetings & Agendas 2020
- Board Meetings & Agendas 2019
- Board Meetings & Agendas 2018
- Board Meetings & Agendas 2017
- Board Meetings & Agendas 2016
- Board Meetings & Agendas 2015
- Board Meetings & Agendas 2014
- 2012-2013 Fiscal Year EPA Accounting
- 2013-2014 Fiscal Year EPA Accounting
- 2014-15 Fiscal Year EPA Accounting
- 2015-16 Fiscal Year EPA Accounting
- 2016-17 Fiscal Year EPA Accounting
- 2017-2018 Fiscal Year EPA Accounting
- 2018-2019 Fiscal Year EPA Accounting
- 2019-2020 Fiscal Year EPA Accounting
2020-21 Public Hearing Notice for El Dorado Charter SELPA Annual Budget and Service Plans. The public hearing will take place at the CEO Council Meeting on May 21, 2020, via Zoom.
Proposition 30 was approved by the voters of California on November 6, 2012. Proposition 30 added Article XIII, Section 36 to the California Constitution which not only impacts cash flow patterns in school districts but also has an accountability component. The Proposition provides that all K-14 local agencies have the sole authority to determine how the funds received from the Education Protection Account (EPA) are spent, but with the following provisions:
- The spending plan must be approved by the governing board during a public meeting
- EPA funds cannot be used for the salaries or benefits of administrators or any other administrative costs (as determined through the account code structure)
- Each year, the local agency must publish on its website an accounting of how much money was received from the EPA and how the funds were expended